Monday, December 05, 2005

Cat Scratch Fever

Ted Nugent's famous song has been stuck in my head for the last couple of days.

It all started when I brought some junk upstairs to the attic Sunday. Some day, I'd like to make the attic into a master suite, but now it's a dumping ground for shit we don't know what to do with (that comes in handy when company is coming).

Anyway, I lugged some things up there and was in its only "room." I was supposed to be alone, but felt like someone or something was watching me. I turned and saw one of our cats, Ringo, sniffing around.

Shit! I had to get him out of there. The attic has a lot of exposed insulation and even worse, I'm not sure what kinds of nooks and crannies my spelunker kitty could fall into.

I rushed out to grab him, then saw Frankie, our female kitty (pictured at left). She's older and is supposed to know better. Not this day.

So I tried to nudge her down the steps with my foot while carrying Ringo, figuring the overly curious male needed the most restraint. I got about halfway down the stairs, which are so steep, they are almost like climbing a ladder. Frankie all of a sudden started getting sneaky and was trying to scoot by my leg. I realized she was now more trouble than Ringo, so I ditched him on the steps, and nabbed Frankie just as she had almost made it to the top.

Ringo started heading up the stairs again and at this point I realized I wasn't going to be able to juggle kitties for long. I called out to my wife who was on the main floor watching TV. Somehow she heard me yell for something and started running up the stairs, shouting "What?!!" All of the commotion got Frankie tensed up. I felt her muscles flex and her kitty claws come out. Her transformation into hellcat was almost complete. All she needed was one more noise to put her over the edge. I tried to creep down the stairs as if I was carrying feline nitroglycerin.

My wife opened the attic door very quickly, which made an unfamiliar sound. The last nail in the kitty coffin had just been hammered in. Frankie dumped a payload of piss on her unsuspecting brother below with a little bit nailing my hands and shirt. It was a lot of piss. It was like she was one of those helicopters that picks up a big load of water and then dumps it on a forest fire.

Ringo (pictured at left) just froze on the steps, trying to figure out why he was the recipient of this golden shower. Meanwhile, Frankie was totally freaking out and started to claw her way up my shoulder. She practically peeled my T-shirt off, but it just bunched up around my neck. I was more worried that she might fall and get hurt on the stairs than what damage her claws would do to me, so I just kind of let nature take its course.

Next thing I know, Frankie is clawing at me like Wolverine turning an enemy into a scratching post. It's like my back was a slippery floor and she had those claws dancing all over looking for traction. When she did find her paws, she tore up my back a bit more and gained about 3-4 inches. Finally she was able to jump off my back and up onto the third story floor.

When it was over it looked like I tried to break up a fight between Roy and his tiger, Montecore. The scratches were so deep I doubt even Siegfried would have been able to make them disappear.

My wife turned into a nurse, cleaning my wounds and applying an immense amount of neosporin. She also told me Frankie spared Blue, the affectionate name I gave to the bull tattoo I got about 13 years ago. She then gave Ringo a bath and settled Frankie's nerves. Soon all was back to normal at Rocky's residence.

Luckily, my wife saw the incident happen, so she wouldn't suspect the following: 1) The scratches came from the hands of some pussycat doll from St. Paul's Frogtown area; or 2) Halle Berry went slumming in her Catwoman outfit and found me.

As far as the back attack, I forgave and forgot. Frankie didn't mean it, she was just a "fraidy cat." The bottom line is I'd rather have a pain in the back pet than a pain in the ass pet any day.

14 comments:

:P fuzzbox said...

Just another reason that the junk should be kept in the trunk.

Jeremy said...

You should have pulled a Sabertooth on your Wolverine cat. "Logan...Logan!"

Crazy Dan said...

When dealing wiht cats i have found that kicking them works really well. Before you say no and how mean that is remember cats always land on their feet.

Dear Jane... said...

Hey Rocky, I thought you were a writer! You should have posted the cat scratch pictures but invented a kinky Halle Berry Catwoman sexxx story! ;-)

Rocky said...

ANELIZE - Neosporin is a wonder drug as it has almost cleared up the scratches already. Frankie has completely recovered, no post traumatic kitty disorder.

ANN - If cat scratches are sexy, People magazine would have named me the sexiest man alive a couple of days ago. ;-)

FUZZ - We have reached a point where we have more junk than the trunk can hold.

CT - Yes, this is the first time I received such injuries involving a pussy encounter.

TJOINT - If I would have went Sabertooth on her, maybe she would have went all Lady Deathstrike on me.

CRAZY DAN - I've never tried that. Although when I was 3 or 4, my Dad said I wanted to kick a circus lion in the nuts because he roared at me and made me drop my ice cream. Big mistake!

JANEY - That is a great idea, but my writing style is best used as a "reporter" following my early journalism career. I'll leave the erotic stories to pros like you and Ann. ;-)

warcrygirl said...

Oh man, the only thing that aches more than cat scratches is getting cut with glass. Glad to hear you're on the mend.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. That Ms. Frankers, er, I mean Frankie, is one dangerous lady. Good thing your multi-talented wife isn't the jealous type.

Believe it or not, I had almost the exact same thing happen to me Friday night. Except it was Newmun. Chasing Swab. And he thought I was part of the sofa. And I was on the phone. And I used Bactine. And I didn't get peed on.

Okay, so it wasn't even remotely the same, but I do have 6 really deep back claw scratches on my right tricep.

On My Watch said...

"feline nitroglycerin" - haha!

reason #4,578 of why I have a dog.

Rocky said...

WARCRY - That is so true. Give me cuts from glass shards over kitty claws any day.

JUDIBOOTIE - Wow, you got raked, too?! They thought you were part of the sofa... that happens here, too. I've been run over many a time by a kitty stampede.

WATCHER - Dogs are great. But we went the kitty route in the city.

CRAZY DAN - Actually, doesn't that make them more out of control and aroused? :-D

Shay said...

OWCH!! Those scratches look painful!!

Naiad said...

Dearest Rocky,

It never ceases to surprise me how sweet people can be.

I like the way you write.

Kisses.

The Radical Notion said...

Wow, first this, and then the Wheaties incident. Things just aren't easy for you, are they? Your kitties are cute.

Sudiegirl said...

Rockmeister...

Sorry about the kitty scratches. Mine have annihilated me too, even when I'm trying to do something for their own good like give them a bath b/c the vet tells me I have to.

Anyway, Wheaties - yow. Just plain scary. That's why I eat Cap'n Crunch. Something about the extra sugar just keeps me regular. Try it with beer.

Sudiegirl

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cats! x