Monday, December 12, 2005

Breakfast of Champions My Ass

The pro athletes that have been featured on the cereal box cover all seemed to confirm the same thing: If you eat Wheaties before a big sporting event, you will be a winner.

Breakfast of Champions my ass!

Every time I've eaten Wheaties hoping it will enhance my athletic abilities, it ends up being the shittiest performance of my life. Literally. I end up spending more time in the bathroom than I do participating in the sporting event.

How do these pro athletes do it? If they're eating their Wheaties as much as they say they do, they must have soiled themselves multiple times by the time they're hoisting up those championship trophies.

I'm surprised the Wheaties box cover folks don't get double endorsement deals and have their pictures plastered on Depends packages, too.

Take Sunday. I was going bowling with some buddies of mine later that afternoon. Granted, none of us are professional bowlers like those guys in the movie Kingpin. But still, we're somewhat competitive and do have beer frames, so it's important to bring a little game.

I figured three or four bowls of Wheaties in the morning would whip my game into shape quickly. After all, it helped Bruce Jenner win the gold medal in the 1976 Olympic decathlon. It probably also helped him father six kids.

Well, the Wheaties whipped my ass into shape all right. I was doing pretty good for the first five frames. A strike, three spares and an open 9 put me at an 86 after my first roll in the sixth. Unfortunately, my first roll in that frame also left me with a 7-10 split. Could my Wheaties consumption help me pick up the spare?

Not even close, although I did manage to "split the uprights." Coincidentally, that 7-10 split also marked the beginning of a 7-10 shit. I had to run to the bathroom so much during the seventh through 10th frames, my game literally went down the toilet. I ended with a 123, easily clinching last place.

This butt blugeoning made me wonder: How did Jenner make it through the decathlon without changing shorts at least 10 times? Surely, he would have lost control of his bowels during some of the events, especially the triple jump. Hop, skip and jump my ass. More like hop, skip and dump!

How did Tom Brady lead his team to three Super Bowl victories in four years when he should have been struggling to "win" the Tidy Bowl after every offensive series?

Something tells me that if Michael Jordan really ate Wheaties before gametime, he still would have been hanging on the rim with his tongue hanging out. The only problem is, he'd be on the toilet, not the basketball court.

Somehow these athletes battled through high fiber intake and still became champions. After what I went through in a comparatively meaningless bowling outing, they truly have my respect and admiration.

When the Boston Red Sox won the World Series in 2004 and the Chicago White Sox did it in 2005, there's no doubt a lot of people thought "No shit?!" Well, now I think we all know the answer to that question.

And those brown stains on their pants? Don't let them fool you into thinking they came from sliding into second base!

21 comments:

:P fuzzbox said...

So that is where the phrase, 'Run with the Champions', came from.

On My Watch said...

I'm kinda hoping you won't be pictured on the box anytime soon. :) no offense.

I think they must've meant "break--fast" instead.

The Radical Notion said...

Sorry to hear about your, um, bathroom issues. Maybe you should scatch Wheaties off your list of pre-game foods. Maybe you could mix it with some Imodium next time.

Haddock said...

I think the Wheaties help the athlete get to the toilet in record time.

I guess before a big race, they must eat 4 or 5 bowls. When the starting gun goes off they run like greased lightning, the first one past the winning line gets to use the toilet first!

Maybe that's how it works?

Anonymous said...

Before I did what I do now, I used to work in a grocery store... And I worked with this freak who collected all of those wheatie boxes, and put them on trophy cases and shit... My question is wouldn't the cereal in the boxes start to get all nasty and moldy, and stink up his F*ing house?

Good times...

Rocky said...

FUZZ- That is a great point! The saying definitely has new meaning now.

ONMYWATCH - No worries there as I'm not on the brink of any sports championship to land me on the Wheaties box cover.
The only thing I'm good at after eating Wheaties is not something that anyone would want to see anyway (what would they do, take a pic of me in bathroom reading the paper?) ;-D

T - Thanks for stopping by and for the helpful hint of spiking my Wheaties with Immodium. I could also put Pepto in my Frankenberry to avoid any issues there.

HADDOCK - Aha, now that would be some motivation to hit the finish line first. I think you're on to something with that theory.

CT - Wow, that is a type of collecting that would never work with me. Why collect it when you can eat it? I would imagine the cereal would get nasty at some point. On the bright side for him, he won't get the runs putting Wheaties boxes in display cases.

LINGO - Thank you for stopping by! I love bowling, too. The shoes are kick ass. I'm with you: The old skool bowling alleys were better.

Dear Jane... said...

Sorry Rocky, I'm not big on bowling. the thought of wearing someone else's shoes just really freaks me out. As far as the Wheaties dilemma. Perhaps you could counteract all that fiber with the BRAT diet...Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast (white bread)...oh and some cheese, that is always a contipating food. Hope it all comes out ok for ya.

Jeremy said...

I think Jordan ate the Wheaties to be unguardable. Would you want to guard someone that shit his pants?

Rocky said...

JANEY - Hmmm, I've nevber tried the BRAT diet, probably because it doesn't include ice cream. ;-)

FOXY - Thank you for stopping by. I do need to be whipped into shape. Or kept a safe distance from the cereal cabinet.

TJOINT - That is so true, LOL. Maybe they called him "Air Jordan" because the air around him smelled like an open sewer due to the aftermath of overdosing on Wheaties. Still, those shitty shorts brang him 6 rings.

Naiad said...

So gross and so funny. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wheaties are all sorts of vile.

mr_humble_guy said...

I had a similar experience with other cereals that advertise having a lot of fiber in them. It's true that fiber does keep you regular. At regular five minute intervals, I was running for the john.

Rocky said...

NAIAD - Hopefully my humor balances out the gross scale ;-)

CARLY - I was hoping Wheaties would be like a breakfast steroid. I actually prefer the sugar coated cereals much more.

HUMBLE - Hey, thanks for stopping by. I feel your pain. I don't think I would fare well on a high fiber diet all the time. Some people use prune juice instead of milk for that extra "kick."

SHAKEN - Maybe, but then again Wheaties are 60% better than 40% Bran Flakes. And they are tastier than Total, which totally blows ass (just a figure of speech - I didn't OD on them too).

Anonymous said...

So you may not have been a champion on the bowling alley, but if there were a competition for peppering a toilet bowl with semi-digested roughage, you would probably win a gold medal. There really should be an olympics based on the after-effects of mass consumption of cereal grains.

Olympic events might include:
1) the aforementioned toilet streaking(the Shat-pot)
2) shitting for distance(the Long Dump)
3) Sustained shitting competition(the 5'000 meter runs)

There could also be artistic competitions like the underwear Rorschach. "OOOh, I think I see a bunny! No! It's a butterfly! No it's Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!" All Praise the Holy Shit
Stain.
Sorry, got a little off the subject.

The whole thing could be like the special olympics except we would call it the Special K Olympics.

Rocky said...

SPAMMY - LOL, an absolutely priceless hysterical comment. I love your ideas for the Special K Olympiad. I wonder what shithole city would host it?
I'd also like to hear Al Michaels calling the play-by-play for some guy who "comes from behind" and shits his brains out, upsetting the heavily favored Russians. "Do you believe in miracle shit? Yes!"

JohnB said...

Seems like some wrestelers need to start the Wheaties enhancement program...

Rocky said...

JUDIBOOTIE - So glad this entry and comments got you giggly. It's great you share my love of a hint of bathroom humor here and there.

JOHNB - Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Yes, no doubt high school and college wrestlers could benefit from Wheaties enhancement and at the same time drop a load of weight due to the fiber follies.
Pro wrestlers could stay clear of dangerous performance enhancing steroids (Hulk Hogan could preach to all the little Hulkamaniacs how he eats his Wheaties and says his prayers that he'll make it to the bathroom on time every day).

Alekx said...

popped in via blog explosion Great post

So I'm thinking now I know where the little bump in the butt of professional athletes uniforms is coming from now.

I'll never be able to watch football players do the ass slap without cracking up again.

thanks for that. My husband is going to think I've lost my mind

Pipi Longstockings said...

My bunnys poop looks like cocoa puffs.

I just felt like saying it.

Rocky said...

ALEKX - Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I agree with you on the players' butt bumps and traditions of ass slaps. Hopefully they wash their hands after the game!

TRISH - You're welcome to say whatever you want here! Thank you for stopping by.
Does your bunny's poop look like Cocoa Puffs because that's what you feed it? In a Cocoa Puff and out a Cocoa Puff.
Also, just a tip, I think bunnies prefer Trix over all cereals!!!

just me, bitches said...

So many jokes, so little time....